Andy Brownstein is a partner in the firm and focuses his law practice on business law, corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, real estate and investment banking.
Andy counsels business clients and entrepreneurs in buy and sell-side mergers and acquisitions, strategic financing and capital investments, joint ventures, credit facilities, commercial real estate investments and contract matters.
Andy was a founder of and served as General Counsel of Global Realty Services Group for a decade, while also serving as its Chief Financial Officer (2009-2016) and President of its affiliated title company (2013-2017). Prior to GRSG, he was Senior Vice President-International Services for LandAmerica Financial Group after serving as SVP-Corporate Development. After law school, he served on the corporate finance team at McGuireWoods. Other career positions were with investment banking and private equity investment firms in both Richmond and New York.
Andy earned his J.D. and B.A. at the University of Virginia. At law school, he was the recipient of the S. Phillip Heiner Memorial Scholarship and was a William H. Echols Scholar in his undergraduate years.
Andy has a lifelong involvement in community service and Richmond’s Jewish Community. Among his service he was Chairman of the Richmond Jewish Foundation, Chairman of the Virginia Small Business Financing Authority, President of the Weinstein Jewish Community Center and recipient of the Weinstein JCC’s Bernstein Leadership Award in 2010.
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 1994 (Editorial Board – Journal of Law and Politics; S. Phillip Heiner Memorial Scholarship Recipient)
- University of Virginia, B.A., 1989 (Double Major, Economics and American Government, William H. Echols Scholar)
- Richmond Jewish Foundation, Chairman (2012- 2014)
- Virginia Small Business Financing Authority, Chairman (2002 – 2008)
- Weinstein Jewish Community Center, President (2006-2008)/li>
- VCU Real Estate Circle of Excellence, Member (2017- Present)
- Leadership Metro Richmond, Graduate (Class of 2004-2005)
- Weinstein Jewish Community Center –Bernstein Leadership Award 2010
- Jewish Community Federation of Richmond – Robert Reinhart Award 2010
- Jewish Community Federation of Richmond – Young Leadership Award 2003
- Inside Richmond Magazine’s Top 40 Under 40 Award – 2001/li>
- Weinstein Jewish Community Center – Young Leadership Award