Blair Wortham Powell
Direct Dial: 804.672.4545
VCard: Blair Wortham Powell
Blair Wortham is an associate in the firm with a practice in energy law, energy regulation and commercial transactions. She focuses her work on renewable energy companies and investors, retail electricity producers and distributors, pricing agreements, procurement contracts, corporate finance and acquisitions.
Blair’s legal career has included representing clients in negotiating and structuring mergers and acquisitions, assisting with corporate governance matters, performing deal related due diligence, drafting and negotiating commercial agreements, as well as preparing bench briefs and contributing to legal opinions for the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina.
At the University of North Carolina School of Law at Chapel Hill, Blair graduated with honors and was recognized with the Gressman-Pollitt Award for Outstanding Oral Advocacy: Best Appellant. She also earned her bachelor of science in business administration from the Kenan-Flagler Business School at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- Virginia Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- Co-Chair, Richmond Mentor Program
- Volunteer, Virginia Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Legal Aid Clinic
- Bar Association of the City of Richmond, Business Law Section
- Junior League of Richmond
- Greater Virginia Make A Wish Foundation Young Professionals Council
- University of North Carolina School of Law, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, 2012, with honors
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC, Kenan-Flagler Business School, 2009 (B.S., Business Administration)
- Virginia State Bar
- Gressman-Pollitt Award for Outstanding Oral Advocacy: Best Appellate, University of North Carolina School of Law at Chapel Hill