Laura practices in the areas of business, regulatory, and labor and employment law. She advises clients on employment matters including employee agreements, severance and transition documents, employee handbooks and employment risk management. She regularly counsels clients on business matters such as supplier and vendor contracts, financing agreements, corporate formation and governance.
In addition to her labor and employment law practice, Laura regularly represents directors and officers of private and non-profit corporations in actions involving allegations of conspiracy, fraud, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty and shareholder derivative claims. Laura also represents corporate clients before state and federal commissions. She manages state and federal cases at all phases of litigation, including depositions and pre-suit investigations, high-volume discovery projects, and drafting and arguing dispositive motions.
Laura graduated summa cum laude from the Honors Program at Murray State University in Kentucky, receiving a dual-degree in English Literature and Philosophy. At Murray State University, she was selected as one of the top ten graduating seniors and Greek Woman of the Year in 2006.
Laura earned her J.D. at the Robert H. McKinney School of Law, Indiana University, and was the inaugural recipient of the Baker and Daniels Public Interest Law Fellowship in 2008 and served as a judicial extern to Judge Patricia Riley of the Court of Appeals of Indiana. Laura also interned in the Consumer Protection Division of the Office of Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan.
- Member, Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys
- Robert H. McKinney School of Law, Indiana University, Juris Doctor, 2009
- Murray State University in Kentucky, Bachelor of Arts, 2006, summa cum laude
- U. S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- U. S. District Court, Western District of Virginia
- Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Illinois State Bar
- U. S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U. S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- U. S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- “The Unintended Consequences of Wyatt v. McDermott: Its Use as a Sword Against Professionals in Custody Cases”, H. Robert Yates, III and Laura K. Musick, Journal of Civil Litigation, Vol. XXXI, No. 1 (Spring 2019), Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys.