William T. Reisinger
Direct Dial: 804.672.4546
VCard: William T. Reisinger
Will Reisinger is a counsel in the firm with a practice in energy law, energy regulation, and commercial litigation. Will regularly represents business clients and non-profit organizations in energy-related matters.
Will joined the firm after serving for four and a half years as an Assistant Attorney General in the Office of the Virginia Attorney General. His work in the Attorney General’s Division of Consumer Counsel included representing ratepayers in energy and utility matters before the Virginia State Corporation Commission, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, and the Supreme Court of Virginia.
Prior to joining the Attorney General’s Office, Will was a staff attorney for a non-profit environmental organization where he worked to enforce state and federal environmental standards.
Will sits on the governing boards for the administrative law sections of the Virginia State Bar and the Virginia Bar Association. In 2015, he was appointed by Governor McAuliffe to serve on Virginia’s first Executive Committee on Energy Efficiency. In 2016, he was recognized as the A.L. Mitchell Young Alumnus of the Year by the Emory & Henry College Alumni Association and was named to Virginia Business magazine’s “Legal Elite” in the category of Legislative/Regulatory/Administrative law.
He is an FAA-licensed pilot and an avid outdoor adventure enthusiast. His personal interests include backpacking and trekking, trail running, kayaking, and smallmouth bass fishing on Virginia’s rivers.
- Virginia State Bar, Administrative Law Section, Board of Governors; National Regulatory Conference Planning Committee.
- Richmond Bar Association, Energy & Environment Section.
- Appalachian School of Law, 2nd Biennial Governor’s Natural Resources Symposium committee.
- Ohio Northern University, Claude W. Pettit College Of Law, J.D., 2008
- Emory & Henry College, B.A., Magna Cum Laude, With Honors, 2005
- Virginia State Bar
- Ohio State Bar
- Council of Independent Colleges in Virginia, Solar Market Pathways Collaboration, Advisory Committee member.
- Central Virginia Legal Aid Society, regular volunteer
- Virginia Business Magazine 2016 “Legal Elite”, Legislative/Regulatory/Administrative law.
- A.L. Mitchell Young Alumnus of the Year Award, Emory and Henry College Alumni Association, 2016
- Book awards for Environmental Law; International Law; Law & Literature Seminar , Ohio Northern University, Claude W. Pettit College Of Law